Please find below the figures to what crime has been reported for Kingswood Ward for September 2018
7 x Theft of Pedal Cycle’s
3 x Criminal Damage to Vehicles
0 x Criminal Damage to Dwellings
2 x Theft of Motor Vehicles (This was from the Retail Park)
5 x Theft from Vehicle (Only 1 since we arrested a suspect in the area for this offence)
0 x Burglary Residential
Below are the figures for reported Anti-Social Behaviour for September 2018
5 x ASB Personal – Deliberately targeted at an individual or group or having an impact on an individual or group rather than the community at large
2 x ASB Nuisance – Engaging in or threatening to engage in conduct causing or likely to cause a nuisance or annoyance to persons engaged in lawful activities
1 x ASB Environmental – Incidents where individuals and groups have an impact on their surroundings including natural, built and social environments
I would like to thank you all for being extra vigilant in relation to theft from vehicles and I continue to ask you to make sure you do a physical check that you vehicles are locked. I will update you more in relation to the suspect who was arrested when I have further information.
We do continue to show a higher level of theft of pedal cycles, however, I am aware that a number of these have been taken from the retail park not within Kingswood residential areas itself, but if you are leaving your bike anywhere please continue to follow the below guidance…
Crime Prevention Advice –
1. Lock the cycle to a fixed object to prevent it being carried off. Make sure the object can’t be broken i.e. plastic drain pipe.
2. Use quality locks, graded on their security. Pay at least 10% of the value of the cycle for the lock with a £30 minimum.
3. Remove expensive fixtures from the bike if you are to leave it unattended & swap quick release fittings for standard ones.
4. Lock the bikes parts to the frame using wire loops and security cables. These would include wheels and forks.
5. If leaving your bike unattended choose busy well populated cycle racks, where there are many passing potential witnesses.
Key Activities –
If you don’t need quick release accessories on your cycle change to standard Allen key fittings, to protect parts from theft.
Buying a secondhand cycle? Check the seller’s story sounds plausible & they have the original buyers pack or receipts. Check the cycle isn’t registered stolen for a small fee on Checkmend
Property mark the cycle frame & forks or record existing serial numbers on the FREE web site www.immobilise.com
Make a difference in your community – help us to help you!
PCSO 7841 Wood
Bransholme Police Station
Emergency – 999
Non-Emergency – 101
Contact for advice or to discuss local issues – 07464649404 (please not to be used this number to report emergency or non-emergency incidents)
***All figures are taken for the new geographical area of Kingswood and will be correct at the time of analysis and publication but may change if classifications are changed or further information comes to light