Traffic light system will be in place as of 18th December. To read the full explanation, please see below.
The primary factors which have delayed the progress of the road are:
1) A significant amount of additional design work has had to be done for the new roads to connect into the existing roundabout for it to work with the existing infrastructure. This has caused a significant delay on site.
2) Statutory Services did not install the mains services in line with the agreed programme which has had a knock on in terms of being able to backfill the open trenches in live areas.
3) Additional works have had to be undertaken to the roundabout which were not foreseen at the outset. This has also contributed to delays.
1) A traffic management consultant has been to site last Friday and will be issuing a proposal for three way traffic light controls.
2) There is currently no lighting on the roundabout due to disconnections as above which is a key safety concern.
3) A traffic light system will be installed by COP 15th December with it made operational on the 18th to allow a week of operation and any fine tuning until the Christmas shut down and these temporary lights will remain in operation over the Christmas break to address safety concerns. Once we return to work we will work within the lighting controls and leave the road open to use under these controls and therefore the road will be usable by the general public, however, with traffic lights controlling the movements.